Friday, October 21, 2011

John Turner Answers Our Questions

John Turner is running for Victoria City Council. He ran in the last municipal election and garnered 942 votes, or 0.92% of votes cast. As of this moment it doesn't look like he has a website, and it's unclear what his past or current political record looks like. If we know more, so will you! In the meantime, here are John's answers to our questions:

Q: Why are you running and why should I vote for you?

A: My name is John C. Turner. I have been a community servant in Victoria as a voluntary street counsellor and community support worker for 16 years. I believe that my 14 years of socio-economic development research and international advisory services give me the ability to address the issues that most face us in Victoria and The CRD in a way that no one else can. I want to bring this to the table of city council to help build my communities up and prosper my brothers, sisters and neighbours in a way that will build Greater Victoria for a 2020 Corporate Victoria Vision.

Q: What issue is most important to you and why?

A: Stopping the insane waste as proposed by the initiators of The Douglas Street Corridor Project because it will destroy our region and put each of the 13 municipalities in debt by an estimated $20 m for each of the next 15-20 years.

Q: What's something people don't know about you?

A: Over the last 14 years I and my organization's supporters internationally have been developing and preparing to implement a socio-economic revitalization and development infrastructure built on the backbone of an alternative community transportation infrastructure which will incur no significant "carry over debt" from one stage to the next. This community based model includes the virtually immediate (within 3-6 months after provincial and federal funding and regional go ahead) implementation of Esquimalt Harbour Seabus LTD. and a series of "Community Enhancements Projects and Programs". This would lead to the integrated radial development of a community based Light Rail System.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More