Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lynn Hunter Q&A

Lynn Hunter is running for a second term on Victoria City Council. Prior to serving on Council, she was elected for one term as MP (NDP) for Saanich-Gulf Islands. She is part of the unofficial Dean Team slate. She does not have a website, but here are her answers to our questions:

Q: Why are you running and why should I vote for you?

A:I am running because I believe that although much was accomplished over the past 3 years, there is still much to do. I feel that my record of being elected and working at both the federal and the civic level of government provides valuable experience on how to get things done and also the importance of focusing on agreed upon priorities and working as part of a team.

Q: What issue is most important to you and why?

A: Affordable housing remains the most important issue to tackle. Lack of affordability hurts not only those who are struggling in sub standard living arrangements but it also affects the whole local economy because people are deterred from bringing their talents and skills to work here because of the high cost of housing.

Q: What's something people don't know about you?

A:I am a twin. My sister and I have had very different lives but she has helped me enormously in appreciating the consequences of life's choices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More