Monday, October 3, 2011

Paul Brown and Open Victoria Announce Slate

Three new Council candidates were announced today, coinciding with the launch of a new elector organization called Open Victoria. The crowd numbered about 50, and included Jane Sterk of the BC Green Party, campaign organizers for Paul Brown and Open Victoria, and a range of pols.

Open Victoria is in its formative stages. Near as I can tell, it was created to support this slate of candidates but its organizers plan on keeping it running after the election regardless of the results. The organization will be releasing a platform and information related to its primary issues over the next couple of months, and is giving its official endorsement to the following slate of candidates:

- Paul Brown, who has been mentioned several times on this site. 
- Aaron Hall, a local food enthusiast and realtor specializing in downtown property sales.
- Linda McGrew, a director (either the Executive Director or a board member, I can't tell) at the Cetus Research and Conservation Society, a sort of save the whales type deal.
- Sukhi Lalli, who owns a downtown pharmacy and naturopathic store.

Moving on, we received answers to our Know Your Candidates questions from Aaron Hall and Philippe Lucas. Aaron Hall's answers follow, and Lucas' will be posted in the next few days.

Know Your Candidate - Aaron Hall

Q: Why are you running and why should I vote for you?

A: I am running to support a positive change in the way our city is managed.

Q: What issue is most important to you and why?

A: Creating a positive vision for the future of Victoria. Victoria is my home town. I plan to continue raising my kids here and live here for the rest of my life.

Q: What's something people don't know about you?

A: I am a pretty open person so this is hard to answer. I have a local food show on Shaw TV, and I created my first business venture at the age of 8, it was a car wash just off Fernwood Rd on Denman St. This turned out to be highly lucrative, considering we were eight. Unlimited ice cream sandwiches! We ran that car wash regularly for a long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More